Improve health outcomes, reduce costs and increase efficiency
Rising costs, legal and regulatory mandates, managing complex populations, improving health outcomes, the burgeoning growth of programs — these are just a few of the ongoing challenges we help our government partners manage every day.
Government officials count on Optum™ to improve the efficiency and quality of their healthcare and human services programs. Our breadth of experience gives us a unique perspective and an unmatched ability to transform the performance of programs and improve the outcomes of the people you serve.
We support seventeen federal agencies and thirty-five state Medicaid agencies with an array of effective complex population health services, advanced analytics, policy and program consulting, program integrity services, and health information technology solutions. Here are some of the ways we make an impact:
- The integration of behavioral, medical and analytics programs to more effectively serve complex populations
- The establishment of local-level systems of care that partner with community supports to deliver whole-person treatment
- Industry-leading business intelligence and enterprise data warehousing solutions that help agencies make better decisions and improve outcomes
- Industry leading policy and program consulting provided by The Lewin Group
- Comprehensive and advanced fraud, waste and abuse detection capabilities, delivering significant return for states
- Solutions for new Medicaid models, such as payment reform and health exchanges, that states are developing to manage health reform and expansion