Fit for Work programs
Workplace health and safety are the primary concern with Fit for Work programs, which aim to support an organisation’s policies and procedures for a safe and risk-free environment. For example, Optum assesses an individual’s understanding of the risk factors and implications of continued substance abuse at the workplace. The core goal is to establish risk, social and usage patterns; as well as an assessment of the individual’s motivation for change and factors that might impede change. The ultimate outcome will be positive employee behavioural change and reduction of risk in the workplace to all staff.
How it works:
- Discussion pre- and post-assessment with management
- Two-hour, one-on-one assessment interview
- Psychological education on the long-term impact of the employee’s negative behaviour is provided
- Report is provided to the organisation regarding future risk
Who can benefit?
- Medical, military, maritime, law enforcement and various other emergency service organisations that require zero tolerance
- Industries that require the use of heavy equipment
- Employees returning to work after injury — both physically and psychologically